Returning Resident Visa

A permanent resident (called lawful permanent resident or LPR) or conditional resident (CR) who has remained outside the United States for longer than one year, or beyond the validity period of a Re-entry Permit, will require a new immigrant visa to enter the United States and resume permanent residence.

You can learn more about Returning Resident Visas on

If you are in need of a boarding foil for a lost/stolen Green Card or are requesting consideration for an SB-1 returning resident visa, please make an appointment for a PASSPORT RENEWAL here.

Please include the notation SB1 and your A-NUMBER after your last name in the surname box:

Example: SMITH / SB1 / A1234567

Failure to include your A-number after your name will result in you being turned away for a returning resident service upon appearance.

Please see additional information on what forms to complete prior to your interview here.