On December 7, 2020 Djiboutian immigration announced that visitors to Djibouti must obtain an “eVisa” prior to arrival in Djibouti in accordance with Djiboutian law.
Actions to take:
- Obtain your visa prior to travel.
- Airlines may refuse boarding to individuals not in possession of a valid eVisa.
- Visitors can apply for visas online at Djibouti eVisa.
- Visas applications can also be submitted directly to the Embassy of the Republic of Djibouti in Washington, D.C.
- Overseas inquiries should be made at the nearest Djiboutian embassy or consulate. Contact the French embassy in countries where there is no Djiboutian consular presence.
- Thirty-day visas may be issued on rare occasions upon arrival at the discretion of immigration authorities but cannot be guaranteed.
Arabic Alert (DOCX 18 KB)