U.S. Embassy Djibouti
Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Holiday Security Reminder
May 21, 2017
The U.S. Embassy encourages U.S. citizens to exercise caution during Ramadan and Djibouti’s Independence Day. The U.S. Embassy advises all U.S. citizens to be particularly vigilant around churches, mosques, and other places of worship; locations where large crowds may gather; government facilities; and areas frequented by expatriates and foreign travelers during the upcoming holidays.
Review your personal security plans, remain aware of your surroundings, including local events, and monitor local news stations for updates. Be vigilant and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security. Keep a fully charged cell phone with you at all times, but develop a backup communication plan in the event that cell phone service is disrupted.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Djibouti Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Djibouti, located at Lotissement Haramous, Lot # 350B, Djibouti City, or by phone at tel. +(253) 21-45-30-00. Regular business hours are Sundays – Thursdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.