The U.S. Embassy would like to inform U.S. citizens that due to the most recent airline security concerns within the region, the Government of Djibouti has suspended all flights that originate in Mogadishu. U.S. government personnel traveling on commercial flights originating from Mogadishu is prohibited.
Review your personal security plans; remain aware of your surroundings, including local events; and monitor local news stations for updates. Maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security and follow instructions of local authorities.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings including the Travel Warning for Djibouti, Travel Alerts, and the Country Specific Information for Djibouti.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Djibouti, located at Lotissement Haramous Lot # 350B, Djibouti City, Djibouti, at +(253) 21-45-30-00, Sunday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(253) 77-87-72-29.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.