Location: Djibouti City
Event: Given the history of annual threats from terrorist organizations, the U.S. Embassy warns U.S. citizens and U.S. government personnel to avoid popular locations frequented by Westerners, such as shopping areas, hotels, and restaurants, through April 14.
Actions to Take:
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners
- Keep a low profile
- Avoid crowds
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Monitor local media for updates
- Keep your cell phone with you and charged
- If you find yourself close to any such disturbance, please don’t stick around to capture the moment on your cell phone.