Event: Air Djibouti will begin offering regular passenger flights between Djibouti and Aden, Yemen on July 17, 2020. These are not U.S. government-sponsored or coordinated flights, and U.S. citizens who wish to depart Yemen should work directly with the airline to purchase tickets. All passengers entering or transiting Djibouti will be tested upon arrival for COVID-19 by the Djiboutian Ministry of Health. Passengers who test positive for COVID-19 will enter Djiboutian Government isolation centers, or will be deported. Air France and Ethiopian Airlines will have regular flights departing Djibouti after July 17, and U.S. citizens who wish to depart Djibouti should purchase tickets directly from a commercial airline.
To purchase tickets from Aden to Djibouti, U.S. citizens should contact Air Djibouti directly. Contact information for the Air Djibouti office in Aden is listed below:
Air Djibouti Office
Maalla Street Building
+967 2 247603
+967 2 245632
Upcoming Air Djibouti flights from Aden to Yemen are not coordinated by the U.S. government, and passengers should work directly with the airline to arrange travel.
Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel: The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Actions to Take
- Comply with local measures put in place to halt the spread of COVID-19
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive updates
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/ or restrictions
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Djibouti
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States