Event: The U.S. Embassy in Djibouti is assessing the possibility of arranging an additional flight for U.S. citizens who wish to depart Djibouti. While no additional flights are scheduled at this time, U.S. citizens in possession of valid U.S. passports who are interested and prepared to travel should fill out this form.
You must submit a form for each family member who would like to travel. Please only complete the form if you are prepared to travel with short notice.
If a flight is confirmed, the U.S. Embassy in Djibouti will email logistical information, including how to reserve a seat on the flight, only to persons who express interest through the form. U.S. citizens in possession of a valid U.S. passport, please read below for the next steps:
- U.S. citizens who have already filled out the form expressing interest, we have received your interest, no further action is required. Continue to monitor your email for further details.
- U.S. citizens who have filled out the form expressing interest, but are no longer interested, please email us at DjiboutiACS@state.gov to notify us that you are no longer interested.
- U.S. citizens who have not filled out the form but want to join this flight, please fill out this form now to express your interest. You must complete the form for each family member in your group.
Please note that all passengers will need to reimburse the U.S. government for the flight, and you must sign a promissory note before boarding. Individuals on this potential flight may be subject to CDC screening, health observation, monitoring requirements, and existing DHS entry requirements. Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel: The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Actions to Take
- Comply with all host country measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive updates
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/ or restrictions
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Djibouti
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States