Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Djibouti, Djibouti (March 15, 2020)
Event: On March 15, 2020 the Government of Djibouti announced the suspension of all passenger flights to and from the Republic of Djibouti, effective March 18.
All routine consular appointments at the U.S. Embassy are canceled until further notice.
In the case of a U.S. citizen in need of emergency assistance, please contact the U.S. Embassy using the contact information below.
U.S. government personnel are advised to limit non-essential travel.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Djibouti.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.