Event: On April 30, 2020 the Government of Djibouti extended the countrywide lockdown through at least May 8, 2020 and the Prime Minister announced a massive campaign to test for COVID-19, stating medical teams will be deploying throughout the country to test as many individuals as possible.
Passenger flights into and out of Djibouti remain suspended. The U.S. government does not anticipate arranging further repatriation flights from Djibouti at this time.
Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel: The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Actions to Take
- Comply with host country measures to combat the spread of COVID-19
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive updates
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/ or restrictions
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Djibouti
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Djibouti
Lotissment Haramous, Lot# 350-B
Djibouti City, Djibouti
(+253) 21 45 3000
(+253) 77 87 72 29
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-444
- Djibouti Country Information
- Follow us on Facebook