Event: The U.S. Embassy in Djibouti is coordinating with the Djiboutian Government and local commercial airlines to arrange a commercial flight for U.S. citizens to return to the United States. We will update U.S. citizens in Djibouti on potential flights as more information becomes available.
If you have not yet contacted us and are interested in a flight, please e-mail DjiboutiACS@state.gov with the subject line “Flight Registration: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME.”
In your e-mail please provide the following for each traveler:
- Full name
- U.S. Passport number
- Date of birth
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Current location and address
The U.S. Embassy recommends U.S. citizens in Djibouti adhere to all measures put in place by the Djiboutian government due to the outbreak of COVID-19.
Effective March 15, 2020, the U.S. Embassy in Djibouti suspended all routine consular services. For American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please contact DjiboutiACS@state.gov.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Djibouti.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Djibouti
Lotissement Haramous, Lot # 350-B
Djibouti City, Djibouti
(+253) 77-877-229 (After hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Djibouti Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Follow us on Facebook