Health Alert: Flight Information, U.S. Embassy Djibouti (May 28, 2020)
Event: Air Djibouti has announced they will be offering flights from Djibouti to Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) on June 5, June 18, July 1, July 16, and August 5. To be eligible for these flights, U.S. citizens must have a direct connection to an onward flight to the United States. U.S. citizens will not be permitted to leave the international zone and will not be admitted to France. These are not U.S. government-sponsored flights. Tickets can be purchased directly through Air Djibouti by emailing email@example.com or by calling (+253) 77 54 25 47. Cost per passenger will be approximately $1,050 USD.
Onward travel must be confirmed before arrival. There is no hotel within the international zone, so any overnight layover would be in the terminal.
Important Notes on Transiting France
- Food and other services in the transit area are very limited (one small convenient store), so travelers will need to plan for their layover and be prepared to be self-sufficient.
- Every passenger transiting or entering France is required to present a completed International Travel Certificate (attestation) before they board the inbound flight. The form is available in English on our website.
- Baggage must be checked all the way through to the passenger’s final destination. Transiting passengers are not permitted to exit international zone to collect baggage and re-check it.
Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel: The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Actions to Take
- Comply with local measures put in place to halt the spread of COVID-19
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive updates
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/ or restrictions
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Djibouti
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
U.S. Embassy Djibouti
Lotissment Haramous, Lot# 350-B
Djibouti City, Djibouti
(+253) 21 45 3000
(+253) 77 87 72 29