Event: Air Djibouti is offering a special commercial flight from Djibouti to Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) on June 6. To be eligible for this flight, U.S. citizens must have a direct connection to an onward flight to the United States. Tickets can be purchased directly through Air Djibouti by emailing email@example.com or by calling (+253) 77 54 25 47. Cost per passenger will be approximately $1,050 USD. This is not a U.S. government-sponsored flight.
U.S. citizens will not be permitted to leave the international zone and will not be admitted to France. Onward travel must be confirmed before arrival. There is no hotel within the international zone, so an overnight layover would be in the terminal.
Air France and Delta Air Lines currently have direct flights from CDG to the United States.
- AF 006 goes to New York, JFK
- AF 066 goes to Los Angeles
- DL 083 and AF 688 go to Atlanta
Important Notes on Transiting France
- Food and other services in the transit area are very limited (one small convenient store), so travelers will need to plan for their layover and be prepared to be self-sufficient.
Every passenger transiting or entering France is required to present a completed International Travel Certificate (attestation) before they board the inbound flight. The form is available in English on our website.
- Baggage must be checked all the way through to the passenger’s final destination. Transiting passengers are not permitted to exit international zone to collect baggage and re-check it.
- Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel: The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Actions to Take
- Comply with all host government measures to stop the spread of COVID-19
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive updates
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/ or restrictions
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Djibouti
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
U.S. Embassy Djibouti
Lotissment Haramous, Lot# 350-B
Djibouti City, Djibouti
(+253) 21 45 3000
(+253) 77 87 72 29