Event: On November 9 the Government of Djibouti announced that as of November 11 all individuals boarding flights bound for Djibouti must present a negative COVID test certificate issued within 72 hours of departure and not more than 120 hours before their arrival in Djibouti. All passengers entering Djibouti will also be tested upon arrival for COVID-19 by the Djiboutian Ministry of Health. U.S. citizens who wish to depart Djibouti should purchase tickets directly from a commercial airline.
Actions to Take
- Comply with local measures put in place to halt the spread of COVID-19
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive updates
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/ or restrictions
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Djibouti
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States