Reconsider travel to Djibouti due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for Djibouti due to COVID-19.
Djibouti has resumed most transportation options (including airport operations and re-opening of borders) and business operations (including day cares and schools). Other improved conditions have been reported within Djibouti. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Djibouti.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Djibouti:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Djibouti.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information.