Adult passport holders may renew their 10-year U.S. passports in person or by mail. We reserve the right to request an interview with respect to any passport application. If choosing to apply in person, please schedule an appointment.
To renew your passport by mail:
- Go to state.gov, follow the Passport Application Wizard which will create a DS-82 form with a BARCODE. Print and sign the application.
- NOTE: If the wizard does not create a DS-82 for you, you are not eligible to renew your passport via mail. Please schedule an appointment to apply in person.
- Gather all required documentation.
- Signed DS-82
- Two recent 2″ x 2″ passport photos. More information here.
- Most recent passport. This passport will be cancelled and returned by mail along with the new passport. Valid visas and immigration stamps in the old passport will not be cancelled.
- One photocopy of your passport bio page.
- Fee payment of $130 USD or DJF 23,300.
- Pay the passport application fee via the U.S. government’s secure payment site. After successfully paying the fee, you must print out the electronic payment confirmation you receive via email and include it in the package you send to the embassy.
- Arrange for Delivery of your new passport
- Mail your application package to us via FedEx or DHL. Visit a FedEx or DHL office to ship your application to us. Our address is:
U.S. Embassy Djibouti
Attn: Consular Section – Passports
P.O. Box 185 – Lot Number 350-B
Renewal-by-mail service is NOT available if you are:
- A minor (under 16 years old)
- Replacing a lost, stolen or mutilated passport
- Renewing a 5-year passport.
- Applicants whose passport has been expired for more than five years.
These applicants must make an appointment to apply in person.
Special Note for Camp Lemonnier Personnel:
You may take advantage of the renew by courier option using the Embassy Liaison officer to deliver the application package and return the new passport. Contact the Embassy Liaison Officer for details. All other requirements noted above apply.